Privacy and Confidentiality Policy
HRCheck Aust Pty Ltd has obligations under the Privacy Amendment Act 2012 including obligations to:
- only collect, use and disclose personal information (which is defined as any information which identifies or could potential identify an individual) consistent with the National Privacy Principles and the Act;
- maintain the security of personal information, and
- provide individuals with access to personal information held about them
The definition of ‘personal information’ is: information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not
HRCheck Aust Pty Ltd collects personal information only by lawful and fair means about its clients, candidates, workers and contractors for personnel, security and related purposes.
Use of personal information
Personal information will not be used for any purpose other than the purposes for which it was collected, unless such use is authorised or required by law or if you have consented to the use.
Disclosure of personal information
HRCheck Aust Pty Ltd will not disclose personal information about you except where it is authorised or required by law or if you have consented to the use.
Accessing or correcting personal information
HRCheck Aust Pty Ltd aims to ensure that the personal information it holds is accurate, up-to-date and complete. Please ensure any information you provide is accurate, up-to-date and complete, and notify HRCheck Aust Pty Ltd if you believe it holds information that is outdated, inaccurate or incomplete.
You are entitled to access your personal information held by HRCheck Aust Pty Ltd, subject to conditions and exceptions imposed by law.
Complaints about breaches of the Information Privacy Principles should be directed to the General Manager of HRCheck Aust Pty Ltd and allow 30 days for her to respond. If you do not receive a response (after 30 days), or you are dissatisfied with the response, you may then complain to The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) by calling 1300 363 992
All Workers of HRCheck Aust Pty Ltd who may have access to personal information held by HRCheck Aust Pty Ltd agree to the following:
- I agree to keep confidential personal or confidential information obtained in the course of my contract with HRCheck Aust Pty Ltd. Confidential information includes any information which is not publicly available and which might be reasonably treated as confidential.
- I agree to report promptly to HRCheck Aust Pty Ltd any incident which comes to my attention involving a breach of the Privacy Act, whether or not the incident arose from my own conduct.
- I agree to take all reasonable security measures in order to safeguard any Confidential Information and Personal Information in my possession or control from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and from misuse or loss by any person.
- In the event that I breach my obligation under the provisions of any laws relating to privacy in the collection and retention of personal information including, without limitation, the Privacy Act, I agree to indemnify and keep HRCheck Aust Pty Ltd fully and effectively indemnified against any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, expenses and/or associated costs whatsoever which HRCheck Aust Pty Ltd may incur arising from or in relation to that breach.
- At the conclusion of my contract or at HRCheck Aust Pty Ltd written request, I shall return to HRCheck Aust Pty Ltd all copies of Personal Information and Confidential Information in my possession.
This policy may change from time to time and is available by contacting our office through email@example.com